This is a living document of the software and hardware I use, along with my office setup. I switch things up fairly often, so I’ll be updating this page as I go along.
VS Code — the ecosystem alone is by far the biggest reason to switch.
VS Code Extensions
- Auto Close Tag
- Auto Rename Tag
- Bracket Pair Colorizer
- Code Spell Checker
- Color Highlight
- Git History
- Git Lens
- Markdown All in One
- open in browser
- Path Intellisense
- Project Manager
- SCSS Intellisense
- Search node_modules
- Settings Sync
- TODO Highlight
- Toggle Quotes
- Version Lens
- VS Live Share
- Material Theme I use this on my personal machine.
- Night Owl Theme I use this on my work machine.
- I use Dank Mono for the main editor font with ligatures turned on. I know…ligatures. Give it a couple of weeks, trust me.
Terminal Font: Inconsolata for Powerline
macOS Desktop Apps
- Alfred. I use their snippets and workflows pretty heavily.
- BetterTouchTool Great tool for customizing keyboard and trackpad shortcuts.
- Franz Consolidate all of your various Slack, Messenger, Hangouts, etc messaging apps into one app.
- Kap Good, quick video/screen capture tool.
- Karabiner Elements I could probably do a lot more with this, but I map my capslock to command+shift+option+control for shortcuts.
- Rocket Quickly type out emojis like you do in Slack 🚀
- Sketch I design mostly in Sketch these days, but really eyeing Figma & Framer X.
- My desk is a Steelcase Airtouch. It’s a great desk, but I bought it before there were a lot more cheaper options, so don’t generally recommend due to the price.
- My chair is an Ergohuman ME7ERG. I have a really long torso, so most arm rests aren’t tall enough for me—this was the only one I found that worked for me.
- My speakers are ridonkulously old. I bought my Logitech X-530 in college and they’re still running strong. I’m not an audiophile by any means, so they get the job done for me.
- My webcam is the Logitech HD Pro C920. It has a great picture, but I generally can’t use the microphone as it doesn’t have good cancelling.
- My keyboard is Microsoft Sculpt Comfort. The more “ergonomic” keyboards never felt quite right to me. this is a nice balance imo.
- My trackpad is Apple’s Magic Trackpad. Gestures ftw. BetterTouchTool makes this trackpad actually feel magical.